How to Address Coding Error Messages in VEX Coding Studio
Step 1: View the error indicators in the editor
- Notice that if VEX Coding Studio cannot turn your code into a working robot program, a "Compiliation Failed" message will be displayed.
- Remember, additional indicators may appear depending on which language you are using.
- In Modkit Block, blocks with errors will turn red.
- In VEX C++ and C++ Pro, a red circle containing an "x" will be shown next to the line of code with an error.
NOTE: These indicators on their own may be sufficient for you to determine the cause of error. If so, skip ahead to Step 4.
Step 2: Open the Console drawer to see the error message details
- Double-click the
⌃button at the bottom of the window to open the Console drawer.
- Alternatively, drag the gray Console drawer slider up to slide the Console drawer window open.
Step 3: Pay attention to the error location arrow
- Scroll through the Console text area until the red error message is clearly in view.
- If you have more than one error, start from the topmost.
- Check the arrow that points to a specific part of the code to pinpoint the cause of error.
Step 4: Update your code, then retry downloading your program
- Retry downloading your program after making your changes.
NOTE: If you have corrected all errors, a "Download complete" message will be displayed. You may wish to clear the Console text and/or close the Console drawer window before continuing.