How to Update Your V5 Controller Firmware
Step 1: Connect a V5 Smart Cable to your V5 Controller.
- Connect one end of a V5 Smart Cable to one of the Smart Ports located on the top of the V5 Controller.
Step 2: Connect your V5 Controller to your V5 Robot Brain.
- Connect the opposite end of the V5 Smart Cable into any open Smart Port on the V5 Robot Brain.
Step 3: Power on your V5 Brain, if it is not already powered on.
- Make sure your V5 Robot Brain has a charged V5 Robot Battery connected.
- Press the Power button on the V5 Robot Brain to power it on if it is not already turned on.
Step 4: Confirm the firmware update.
- If your V5 Controller's firmware is not current to the firmware on the V5 Robot Brain, you will see this screen.
- Press OK to begin the firmware update for the V5 Wireless Controller.
- You may also be prompted to update the controller assets. If so, press OK a second time.