How to Calibrate the VEX IQ Controller
Step 1: Tether the Controller.
- Connect one end of the Tether Cable to the powered-off VEX IQ Robot Brain with a charged VEX IQ Robot Battery and the other end to the Controller.
- Listen for the “click” when the Tether Cable is inserted into the Controller and Brain to confirm that the Tether Cable is attached securely.
Step 2: Turn on the Brain.
- Verify that the Controller is connected by noticing the connected icon on the top right of the screen next to the battery life icon.
Step 3: Go to Settings: Calibrate Controller.
- Press the X button to navigate to the Settings screen.
- Press the down arrow to the Calibrate Controller option and select it by pressing the Check button.
Step 4: Move the Joysticks.
- Move both joysticks in a full circle. When finished, press any button on the Brain or the Controller.
Step 5: Verify and save the Calibration.
- Press the Check button to save the calibration or press the X button to cancel and return to the Settings menu.
NOTE: When the Check button is pressed to save the calibration, the Brain will make a cheer sound.