How to Pair the VEX IQ Robot Brain with the VEX IQ Controller for Wireless Operation
Step 1: Gather the required components.
- Gather the following items:
- VEX IQ Controller with inserted VEX IQ Radio
- Tether Cable
- VEX IQ Brain with a charged VEX IQ Robot Battery and with a VEX IQ Radio matching the Controller’s
NOTE: The Radios shown are one type of several. Click here to read about the three types of Radios.
NOTE: Make sure that the Radios are inserted into the Controller and the Brain:
- Click here for the article, “How to Install and Remove a VEX IQ Controller Radio.”
- Click here for the article, “How to Install and Remove a VEX IQ Robot Brain Radio.”
Step 2: Connect Devices.
- Make sure both devices are powered off before being connected.
- Connect the Controller to the Brain using the tethering cable.
Step 3: Check Tethered Connectivity.
- Click the Check button to turn the Brain on.
- Check that the Controller is connected by viewing the tether connection symbol at the top right of the screen next to the battery icon.
Step 4: Check Wireless Connectivity.
- Disconnect the Controller from the Brain by removing the tether cord.
- Check that the Controller is connected to the Brain wirelessly by viewing the wireless connect symbol at the top right of the screen next to the battery icon. If the Brain and Controller are not linked, turn them both off and repeat the process.
NOTE: When wirelessly connected, the Brain’s LED and the Controller’s Power/Link LED should both blink.
NOTE: If the icon at the top right of the screen does not look like the one shown, click here for the article, “Understanding the VEX IQ Robot Brain’s Connectivity Icons”.