How to Install and Remove a VEX IQ Robot Brain Radio
Step 1: Gather the required components.
- Gather the following items:
- VEX IQ Robot Brain connected to a charged VEX IQ Robot Battery
- 1 VEX IQ Radio
NOTE: The Brain firmware must be updated to the most recent version for the Radios to work properly. Click here for a procedure to update the IQ firmware.
NOTE: It does not matter which type of Radio is used as long as the Radio in the Brain is of the same type as the Radio in the VEX IQ Controller. Matching Radios are needed for proper wireless connectivity. Click here for more information about VEX IQ Radios.
Step 2: Remove the Robot Battery.
- Press down on the latch on the Robot Battery and then proceed to slide the Robot Battery out.
NOTE: Pushing on the Robot Battery from the other side also makes it easier to remove. Removing the Robot Battery is good practice prior to inserting the Radio into the Brain.
Step 3: Insert the Radio into the Brain.
- Slide the Radio into the Radio socket.
- Orient the Radio so its VEX logo is away from the LCD screen. Press in firmly until it fully clicks into place.
NOTE: Make sure that there is no Robot Battery plugged into the Brain.
Step 4: Remove the Radio from the Brain.
- Press the red button on the bottom of the Brain while simultaneously pulling firmly on the top of the Radio.
NOTE: To remove the Radio from the Brain, the Robot Battery must first be removed. This ensures access to the red button on the bottom of the Brain.