How to Read Indicator Lights when Wirelessly Connecting
When wirelessly connecting a VEX IQ Controller to the VEX IQ Robot Brain, the indicator lights on the front of both the Controller and the Brain may display different colors. The different lights and flashing patterns indicate the status of the Brain’s and Controller’s connectivity and power.
Use this checklist when testing connectivity and understanding indicator lights:
- Is the Power/Link LED on the Controller and the Brain LED both solid green?
- If the answer is Yes, then the devices are charged but not paired.
Follow the instructions in How to Pair the VEX IQ Robot Brain with the VEX IQ Controller for Wireless Operation.
- Is the Power/Link LED on the Controller and the Brain LED both blinking green?
- If yes, then success! Both LEDs should blink green when wirelessly connected.
It indicates that there is a good connection and both batteries are charged.
- Is one or both of the LEDs red or blinking red?
- If the answer is Yes and the Controller’s LED is red, then the Controller Battery is low.
- If the answer is Yes and the Brain’s LED is red, then the Robot Battery is low.
Follow the instructions in How to Charge the VEX IQ Controller Battery.
Follow the instructions in How to Charge the VEX IQ Robot Battery.
If the wireless pairing is still unsuccessful, be sure that the VEX IQ Radios in the Brain and Controller are a matching pair. Review the following: