How to Troubleshoot VEX IQ Smart Motors
The following list provides scenarios for troubleshooting a Smart Motor:
The Smart Motor turns when it should not turn or the Smart Motor turns in the wrong direction.
- Start by pairing the VEX IQ Robot Brain with the VEX IQ Controller and running the Driver Control program.
- Click here to review the proper configuration included in “How to Use the Driver Control Program” and check that the Smart Motor is wired to the correct Smart Port.
- If the Smart Motor turns when the Controller is not being pressed, try calibrating the Controller.
- If the Smart Motor turns in the wrong direction, check whether the configuration of the Smart Motor should or should not be Reversed.
- If running a user program, check the program for possible errors that might cause the Smart Motor to move incorrectly.
The Smart Motor does not move at all.
- Check that the Smart Cables’ connectors are fully seated (inserted) by pressing until an audible click is heard.
- Try replacing the Smart Cables with new ones.