How to Mount and Wire a V5 Smart Motor
Step 1: Collect the parts that you will need.
- You will need the following:
- (1) V5 Smart Motor (not shown)
- (2) #8-32 x 1/2" Screws
- (1) 5-64" Hex Key
- (1) 3-32" Hex Key
- (1) Shaft Coupler
- (1) 1/2" Shaft
Step 2: Position the V5 Smart Motor.
- Position the V5 Smart Motor to turn a wheel, the Claw Arm, or the Claw.
- This example will focus on the V5 Smart Motor powering the movement of the Claw Arm.
Step 3: Secure and wire the V5 Smart Motor.
- Use the tools that you assembled to securely mount the V5 Smart Motor to the top of the V5 Clawbot's arm support structure.
- Make sure that the motor is mounted so that it properly aligns and is able to turn the gear.
- Use a Smart Cable to connect your new V5 Smart Motor to Port 8 on your V5 Robot Brain.