How to Run a VEX Coding Studio Program on a V5 Robot Brain
Step 1: Open VEX Coding Studio and open (or create) your program
- Use VEX Coding Studio to create a program or open an already existing program.
NOTE: If the program has already been downloaded to the V5 Robot Brain, you can skip to Step 4.
Step 2: Connect the V5 Robot Brain to your computer using the provided USB A to Micro Cable
- Connect the V5 Robot Brain, a charged V5 Battery, and your computer.
- Power on the V5 Robot Brain.
Step 3: Download the program to the V5 Robot Brain
- Click the Brain selection icon and highlight your connected V5 Robot Brain to ensure VCS recognizes there is a V5 Robot Brain plugged in and the firmware is up to date.
- Click outside the selection window to close it, then click the Download button.
Step 4: Run your program on your V5 Robot Brain
- Click the Run button in VEX Coding Studio to run the program while the robot is still connected to your computer.
NOTE: Be careful - if the robot will be moving, it could pull on the USB Cable! You may want to support the robot on something so it will not move.