How to Configure the V5 Smart Motor to the V5 Robot Brain in VCS
Step 1: Connect the V5 Smart Motor to the V5 Robot Brain
- Plug the Smart Cable into a V5 Smart Port.
Step 2: Navigate to the Robot Configuration window
- Open VCS.
- Click on the Robot tab.
Step 3: Add a motor
- Drag the V5 Smart Motor from the frame on the left to the Robot configuration pane.
Step 4: Assign the V5 Smart Motor to a V5 Smart Port
- Click on the V5 Smart Motor, then click on the number to select a port.
- Designate the V5 Smart Port you wish to assign by clicking on the number on the V5 Robot Brain that appears next to the device.
Step 5: Rename the motor
- Rename the motor by selecting the text with the default name and replacing it with the name of your choice (LEFTMOTOR, CLAWMOTOR, etc...)
Step 6: Configure the gear setting
- Click on the cog (gear) symbol to display Motor Settings.
- Click on one of the circular dots to select the correct color-coded gear ratio for the Planetary Gear Cartridge in your motor.
Step 7: Configure the spin of the motor
- If necessary, click to check the Reversed box to reverse the default direction that the V5 Smart Motor spins in.