How to Configure a Bumper Switch in VEX Coding Studio
Step 1: Connect a Bumper Switch to your V5 Robot Brain
- Choose any available 3-Wire Port to make the connection.
- Remember the port letter of the 3-Wire Port that you used.
Step 2: Navigate to the Robot configuration window
- Open or create a Modkit or VEX C++ program in VEX Coding Studio.
- Click on the Robot button to open the graphical robot configuration view.
Step 3: Add a Bumper Switch to the configuration
- Drag a Bumper Switch from the drawer on the left into the right side configuration window.
Step 4: Assign the Bumper Switch to the 3-Wire Port you chose
- Click on the Bumper Switch, then click on the letter of the port you used.
- If you wish, give the Bumper Switch a different name in your code by changing the
Bumper1name in the upper left text box.